Monday, January 17, 2011

Gainsville, City of Dreams

The nice thing about life that as it goes on, you get to meet more and more of your idols. Bill Daniel happened to be in Gainesville the night that we did our show there, also staying with Roger Beebe. I was so excited to get to Gainesville and it lived up to my expectations. Roger's magic is unreal. I would move to a sleepy college town right now if I knew that in ten years I would be the cultural Mayor of the town. It was fun to walk around the town and see all the things that he started: the video store, the film festival, the film department. Also had a couple of hours with Bill reminiscing about the Austin punk scene that he experienced and I only read about.

The coolest guy also has the coolest business card.

No comments:

Post a Comment