Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Liverpool Cathedral


My friend Jackie likes to tell the story that within the first hour of moving to Liverpool she came across an unattended car on fire, right next to the train station. I was watching an excellent documentary by the BBC about British synth bands and came across this image of debris burning in front of my favorite place in Liverpool, the Liverpool Cathedral. It reminded me of Jackie's story, just a pile of burning trash with noone attending to it. This angle is also unique because it is the same angle I most commonly looked at the Cathedral from during the two months I lived there while at a residency. I took a picture of myself standing in the barren dirt pit where the fire in this video is burning. Annoyingly I can't find it, so I just have this memory of taking this photo, to accompany this video still of whatever used to be in that space burning down.

No comments:

Post a Comment